Recipe for Vegan Brownies
JoJo's Vegan Brownies
- 1/2 cup flour from freshly ground pastry wheat berries
- 1/2 cup flour from freshly ground rolled oats
(could just use 1 cup of store bought whole wheat pastry flour instead of these two)
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS carob powder
- 1tsp powdered Pero (grain based coffee substitute)
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder (Rumford)
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup of whole dates (soaked overnight in water -- then remove pits)
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 organic canola oil
- 1tsp vanilla
- 20 drops of liquid stevia
- 5 drops hazelnut extract
Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix flours and carob powder, salt, baking powder and pero with a wire whisk, in a large bowl.
- Put in blender oil, ricemilk, maple syrup, stevia, vanilla, hazelnut extract and blend well.
- Add drained, pitted dates to blender and pulse gently until dates are well chopped, but not totally pureed. (If you didn't get a chance to soak dates overnight -- you can steam them for a few minutes and they will soften, then remove pits.)
- Pour liquid into dry and mix gently with a spatula -- just until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Pour immediately into oiled pan and bake about 20 - 30 minutes until not jiggly at all, and doesn't collapse or stick to finger when surface is touched. Cool thoroughly before cutting (I always blow that part!)
Back to top
Overview of Book | Sample Chapters | Table of Contents | Ordering
FAQ's | Reviews | Other Articles | Resources and Links
About Us | Contact us | Privacy Security
Copyright © 2000 - 2013 Compassionate Souls. All rights reserved.